Neue nähmaschine, aber welche ???

I need recommendations for a new sewing machine - my old Pfaff 97 is just causing too much trouble when I sew! Max. price should 3-400 euro. I have been looking at Pfaff's Gritzner og Hobby line - both look good, but could anyone give me some advice here ??? When I have asked in shops, and told that the machine was for sewing kites, they more or less shake their head :-/

Please give any input, also in German...

;) Morten

a little bit OT, but what are you doing with your old machine? I would like to give her a new home ;)

Greetz

Wissen ist Nacht!

Eines der gefährlichsten Geräusche, die man machen kann, ist laut denken.

Moin,

if you are familiar with german language, try the button "Suchen" above.
    Keywords: "Nähmaschine"

You will find a lot of discussions about which is the right machine, which features are needed (e.g. "IDT", "Multiple ZigZag") etc.

My personal opinion:
    Save your bucks, and look at e**y for a used Pfaff 260, 262, 360, 362, 1120, 1220, 1222, 1222e.

You can look at the Homepage from Pfaff about Dealers in your Area

Than ask about used Machines and you can get a Machine with Guarantee

Thats what I did to become my Pfaff 1222

The Price was better than e**y with 1 Year guarantee :H:
    Its better to know that the machine have a check
    Machines at e**y ???? No Guarantee
    A used Pfaff 1222 ca be 20 Jears and older :-o

good luck ;)

You can look at 1209 1211 1210 1211 1212 1229 1222 122E all with IDT to (12xx Serie)

Say you need a powerful solid Machine

You can look or ask about these machines in english sewing or needlework forum.
    - Editiert von Thunderbird1400 am 09.01.2005, 21:57 -

Gruß Oliver

Ich hab ne Menge Geld für Alkohol, Mädels & Drachen ausgegeben,
    den Rest hab ich einfach verplempert ;)

--->Mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu fünf Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe wird bestraft,
    wer eine nukleare Explosion verursacht. (StGB §§ 328 Abs. 2. Nr.3) .... <---

I have been offered a Pfaff 1222 for 200 euro ? Is that too much ? (It comes with a table and 2 large boxes of whatever - I don't need any of it).

But 200 euro for a 1222 in good shape - is that reasonable ?

Thanks in advance

:) Morten

Good choice! But be sure to test it before you buy and that everything is working fine!
    No it's not much! 8-)

@Alain: Thanks, will do - I need it to finalize my Virus :-O and hopefully more projects from the hands and mind of Christian ;)

Is the one Melis posted a picture of in the Virus-thread Christians design ?

;) Morten

Hi All

Checked out the machine today - looks nice, BUT I spoke to a guy from a sewing machine shop, who said that it was very important to make sure that the 2 cogs made of plastic were not cracked, as this repair is very costly (200+ euros), if it was at all possible to get spareparts.
    I took the lid of the machine and inspected the cogs. One of them (the one to the left of the stich selector) did have some small cracks (2-3mm) - do any of you have any ideas if this is a problem ???

Just be safe, I agreed with the seller that I could have the machine checked by a repairguy, and if it's a problem, I can return it - crossing my fingers, it's such a nice machine...

:) Morten