CD has a new design .. le Karma

Just to wet your appetites and round up the usual suspects. I got a message from Christian in which he mentioned he developed a new kite called le Karma.

Take a look at http://www.bilboquet-kites.com/viewtopic.php?t=9903 where Christian Derefat announced his new design - le Karma. I copied the contents of his message for convenience here and tried to translate it.

Salut les amis
    Je vous présente ma dernière création, après 6 voilures et la colaboration de Bastia voici le résultat qui frise la perfection.
    Il a été développer surtout pour la précision, il est a l’image en précision ce que le virus est au freestyle
    Voici quelque caractéristique de vol : envergure+- 245 cm
    Très précis, il est capable de descendre à la verticale pleine vitesse de faire une boucle très serrée au ras du sol et repartir a 5 cm parallèle au sol sans perte de pression, très fluide .Dérape très bien, fait de superbe hélicoptère, très planant sur le dos ce qui permet des multilazy très lent ou très rapide .Pas besoin de contrôle en sortie de virage et ligne droite il est comme sur un rail. Stop parfaitement. Tout les spiques, posé de toute sorte sont un régal. Ca yofade ,crazy copter ,backspin ,comète ,torpille, deadlauch,yoyo en un temps,superbe cascade d’axel ,wapdoowap.ect
    Une fois de plus dévelloper pour ceux qui veule construire un cv très performant, le plan sera mis en ligne pour la fin de l’année sur mon site . http://cerfvolanttrick.no-ip.com
    Heu ……pour les mauvaises langues c’est loin d’être une copie, parti comme base d’un grand neutron plus profond et plus courbé

Using babelfish translation:
    Hello the friends I present my last creation to you, after 6 aerofoils and the colaboration of Bastia here the result which plank perfection. It was to develop especially for the precision, it is has the image in precision what the virus is with the freestyle Voici some characteristic of flight: envergure+ - 245 cm Very precise, it are able to descend to the vertical full speed to make a very tight loop with the short-nap cloth of the ground and to set out again has 5 cm parallel on the ground without loss of pressure, very fluid Dérape, made very well superb helicopter, very planing on the back what allows multilazy very slow or very fast Pas need for output editing of turn and straight line it is as on a rail. Stop perfectly. All the spiques ones, posed of any kind are a treat. Ca yofade, crazy copter, backspin, comet, torpedo, deadlauch, yoyo in a time, superb cascade of axel, wapdoowap.ect Once more dévelloper for those which weak to build one cv very powerful, the plan will be put on line for the end of the year on my site. http://cerfvolanttrick.no-ip.com Heu...... for the scandalmongers it is far from being a copy, party as bases of a large deeper neutron and more curved

Something to look out for...

Update 12-1-2005: the plan is online at http://users.skynet.be/cerfvolanttrick/karma.htm . As usual the coordinates, the spar choice and lenghts and it's bridle. Still missing (intentional ?) is a description of the saillayout. All-in-all: let the CAD-boys come forward ;)

Melis (who's missing his Linux-system even more now and would otherwise been busy with QCad ;)
    - Editiert von brinm00 am 12.01.2006, 19:57 -

HI,
    that sounds very interessting, a Precisionkite by Christian Derefat. I'm very excited for the plans, cause I'm looking for a Precisionkite to build. Hope that there will be some Vids from Le Karma soon.

Greets Christoph

Zitat

Original von BallaFarma
    @Melis
    ??

Like Mike said: I updated the first post with the news that the plans are available. It seems an update doesn't automatic updates the thread so to force that you have to post a new message to a thread. That way the rather funny message: bump.

Seh' ich auch so. Kann ja kaum sein. Genauso merkwürdig finde ich den Einzug an der Nase. Soll das für einen bauchigen Schnitt sein oder fehlt einfach nur die Koordinate 0/0?

Christian ist schwer zuerreichen; auf eine email neulich hat er nicht geantwortet. Vielleicht kann Melis helfen?

Erik

"Kann ich bitte Deine Kekse haben?"

Zitat

Original von datenland
    Seh' ich auch so. Kann ja kaum sein. Genauso merkwürdig finde ich den Einzug an der Nase. Soll das für einen bauchigen Schnitt sein oder fehlt einfach nur die Koordinate 0/0?

Christian ist schwer zuerreichen; auf eine email neulich hat er nicht geantwortet. Vielleicht kann Melis helfen?

Erik

Ich bin jetzt an die Arbeit aber Ich will's heut abend versuchen. Wenn Ich mehr wisse, lass Ich es horen.

Wer weiß? Vielleicht eine ganz neue Idee. Statt einem doppelten Kiel mit zwei "Schwänzen" doppelter Kiel mit zwei Nasen. Und die kleine Beule in der Schleppkante ist doch ganz klar als Befestigung für Blinkies beim Nachtflug gedacht. Mensch, ein bißchen mehr Fantasie! ;) :-O

Zitat

Original von datenland
    Erik

Ich habe die Koordinate 0/0 bei meinem Plan hinzugefügt. Der Einzug müsste M.M. nach an das Ende, wie beim LeVirus. Mit der Koordinate 1,5/86,5 fängt die Schleppkante an. Damit baut CD etwas Spannung auf die Schleppkante, damit der Vogel ruhig bleibt.

Sven

Zitat

er Einzug müsste M.M. nach an das Ende, wie beim LeVirus. Mit der Koordinate 1,5/86,5 fängt die Schleppkante an. Damit baut CD etwas Spannung auf die Schleppkante, damit der Vogel ruhig bleibt.

Ist aber völlig normal, dass das Schwanzende mit 3 cm rechtwinkligem Abschluss endet, da sitzt ja die Stabtasche. Und der Schwanzabnäher vom Virus ist ja auch eher ungewöhnlich. Wenn's flattert, flattert's wohl eher an der Flügelspitze; und das soll es vermutlich auch, da der Drachen ja präzise sein soll.

Warten wir am Besten ab, was Melis herausfindet.

Zitat

doppelter Kiel mit zwei Nasen

Wenn man mit über Kreuz gelegten Zeige- und Mittelfinger den Nasenrücken auf und ab fährt fühlt es sich so an als hätte man zwei Nasen...

Gesundheit, Erik

"Kann ich bitte Deine Kekse haben?"

Confirmation from CD:

Instead of X=55, Y=62,4 it should be X=55, Y=61,4. I haven't heard from him about the other problems with the nose-coordinates.
    After a small push from herbalizer at GWTW I couldn't resist :D : http://koningspage61.no-ip.org/lekarma . Plans and pictures will be on display there (if space permits)...