90Three SUL Statt 3mm GFK -> 2mm CFK

Having the extra weight of the standoffs in this part of the kite also adds to the balance for tricks.

In my experience 2 mm gfk is too soft for use in standoffs. But if it works for you, go for it. Inland/mountain wind can be very thin indeed. You might need some sort of XUL version of the kite like Rolf did.

Maybe it's nice if this topic was combined with the bauplan topic:
    Bauplan: 90Three, 90Nine, 100Sixteen

I did some observations on what and how has been done on this kite. The actual weight is 207g. This is definitely too high for the winds we have here and also some 20g higher than specified. On your page Karel.
    My Lazarus SUL (177g) flies nicely and is mostly often been flown by me. The point is to bring my 90Three SUL as low as possible, by not scarifying the performance.

My intention is to do following - in the order of preference:

1) Change the bridle from 90daN to 25daN - we have here really low winds. I have to see how many grams does this bring, but heavy bridle makes no use, since I have some UL kites and I anyhow fly my SULs on 23daN lines (LPG).

2) There are round, rubber Yo-Yo stoppers which I will replace with cable-tie (Kabelbinder) stopper and get few grams here too.

3) The tail-weight is slightly over 12g, so I can reduce it to 11g or less).

The rest is quite unsure. The material is a mix of Icarex 31 and Skytex 27 (well fine and light material), 40g Mylar reinforcements and D60 leading edge. The nose is 80x80 - bisonyl both nose and reinforcement on upper spreader. This may also had add some weight.
    Trailing edge is not the narrowest one, but nothing outstanding wide.

That's all my folks... no further ideas from my side.

Suche Unik STD von R-Sky
    Suche N3E STD in RUBIN Farbschema oder tausch gegen meinen in COFFEE Farbe

Der Badass ist ein größerer Kite was die Segelfläche betrifft.

Wegen der Waageschnur... das muss ich einfach ausmessen - meine Präzisionswaage wird es mit verraten. Die Waage ist etwas, dass die Agilität nicht negativ beeinflusst, wie konstruktive Elemente am Drachen - eine schwere Waage macht den nur langsamer - träger.

Ich bin letztes Wochenende mit Lazarus SUL und 93 SUL geflogen - immer wieder abwechselnd bei gleichen Bedingungen. Beide sind Top Drachen. Der Lazarus SUL ging einfach viel früher und ließ sich trotzdem hervorragend tricksen. Segelfläche schätzungsweise ähnlich.

Suche Unik STD von R-Sky

@Drazen

Du vergisst dabei, dass es auch darauf ankommt, wie ein Kite abgestimmt wurde. Ist z.B. die Trimmung vom Kite anders?!?!

Es ist nunmal Open Source und da gibt es von Kite zu Kite unterschiede. Jeder baut den Kite etwas anderes auf und näht dass Segel anders. Der eine klebt z.B. das Segel zum nähen komplett mit doppelseitigem Klebeband und der andere nimmt vlt einen Kleberoller und klebt nur stückchenweise. Dann sind die verwendeten Materialien zum Teil unterschiedlich, was sich alles auswirkt.

Was du bisher beschrieben hast, wird meiner Meinung nach kaum Gewicht rausnehmen. Da wird sich im Nachhinein auch nicht mehr viel machen lassen. Außer man verändert die Eigenschaften komplett indem man z.B. das Heckgewicht raus nimmt.

I didn't build my 90Three SUL myself but I think there are hollow ferrules used for the LE and LS. Might be a few grams lighter too.

I didn't build my 90Three SUL myself but I think there are hollow ferrules used for the LE and LS. Might be a few grams lighter too.

Ups! I didn't think about that. A very good hint. I will check this too.

Next week the 25daN bridle will be installed and the light Yo-Yo stopper. Then, I will check the ferules too.
    I think, Enrico built this for German "onshore" conditions, what is definitely superb. I am starving here (Klagenfurt/Austria) with wind. It is just a different situation.
    Still, a 90Three is an awesome kite which outperforms my own capabilities by far. So, I am practicing to get better...

Suche Unik STD von R-Sky