Dogstake handmade.

Hey,

for the past 2-3 months I've been trying to build a dogstake, BUT without using fancy tools like CNC mill or lathe. I've got access to such tools, but I wanted something really simple. Something I could share with the community. Something everyone could build.

Someday I was cleaning my 3d printer and there was that Eureka moment: I could build a dogstake from 3d printer parts. Here's what I've got now:

As you can see, all that's needed is:

• 4x linear bearing rail sk10
    • 8x bearing with 10mm inner diameter
    • 4x washer (to make a groove between bearings)
    • 10mm aluminum rod for shafts
    • 1x linear bearing rail sk35
    • 1x bearing with 15mm inner diameter
    • 15mm stainless steel rod

And just three tools:

• pipe cutter (or hacksaw)
    • flat file
    • hex keys

The total cost is less than 100$

The last thing I need is the plate :/

Any ideas?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von anyrap ()

@anyrap How is your dogstake working out? Which 3D printer model did you cannibalize?

Do you have an action video :)

ONE | KiteLab | Kmac | Level One | Los Hermanos | PLK | Prism | Ron Gibian | Spiderkites | Szalsky Kites

GLIDER Engel | Chee Wan | Douglas K. Stout | Focus Kite Designs | Horvath | Kevin Sanders | KQK | Patrick Tan | PM Model

FIGHTER Lambert | Schwiemann | Quochi

DUAL Goblin Kites | HQ4 | Kiteforge | Level One

QUAD Engel | Kiteforge | Elphi | KQK | Los Hermanos | Revolution | Skyburner | Spiderkites

To be honest I'm not able to compare it with any other dogstake as I've never used one.

The only problem I've got is with the bearings: sometimes the lines go outside the groove. Maybe it should be bigger? I tested V-groove bearings from aliexpress some time ago , but they were even worse.

Unfortunately I've got no video.

I haven't disassembled my printer to build that dogstake - that would be stupid :). You can get 3D printer parts from online stores like this one

jaa... after 9 hours of printing and a sudden firmware error ... sometimes I am close to it :)
    But thanks for the link. Now i understand what you mean with "3d printer parts".

The only problem I've got is with the bearings: sometimes the lines go outside the groove. Maybe it should be bigger? I tested V-groove bearings from aliexpress some time ago , but they were even worse.

The "John Baressi" dogstake (https://www.kite-and-friends.d…kiting-with-john-barresi/) is closed (https://www.kite-and-friends.d…uploads/04-11-300x200.jpg). But i am sure you know this already.

ONE | KiteLab | Kmac | Level One | Los Hermanos | PLK | Prism | Ron Gibian | Spiderkites | Szalsky Kites

GLIDER Engel | Chee Wan | Douglas K. Stout | Focus Kite Designs | Horvath | Kevin Sanders | KQK | Patrick Tan | PM Model

FIGHTER Lambert | Schwiemann | Quochi

DUAL Goblin Kites | HQ4 | Kiteforge | Level One

QUAD Engel | Kiteforge | Elphi | KQK | Los Hermanos | Revolution | Skyburner | Spiderkites