Tuning fade position

I have problems tuning my kite in fade position. The nose of the kite comes to much up, I get a great rising fade but, it is almost impossible to flic flac the kite.

Any suggestions solving this problem, besides of putting extra wheight in the nose??

Greetings John

If you shorten the upper spreader (so that you have less sail area in the nose) the kite should flic flac easier.

Greetz,
    Daniel

Mein Flugspot: Drachenwiese Dornumersiel
    Es ist weniger schwierig Probleme zu lösen, als mit ihnen zu leben. (Pierre Teilhard de Chardin)

Salut John,

Yes for Daniel , and you can also try to move the upper spreader one cm to the top. Check up also the bridle fix points. If it is a bridle with wide extern points (good for precision) the lines in fade position slips down on the leading edges and cannot give enough pression on it for flic-flac or recovering.

Read the good pages from Ian. There are a lot of good ideas, particularly the backspin topic, in cause off correlation with the fade position.

Ian Newham

À plus

Steph/Elément'Air
    Calvados/France

Try to shorten the inner bridle leg.

A few times the inner leg broke on my Nirvana. Each time, I first recognised it, when I tried to get off a fade. If one inner leg is loose, the kite wont go aut of the fade - If you try to backspin, it is as if you pull on a line tightend on wall :-O

When i made the miniVirs inner leg to long, i had the same problems.

Dont shy to shorten it. Most of the time, the inner leg is loose. Only in fades and fade based tricks it becomes more important.

I have been playing around some time, moving the upper spreader. But now I am sure the problem must come from the bridle. I use the RT Nirvana bridle, I put the bridle on one of my Nirvana's which original has a std turbo bridle and it would not flic flac at all.

Is it possible to resize the bridle overall lets say for 85% or is it better to just shorten the inner leg?

Greetings John

The Nirvana flic-flacs [b]perfectly[/b with a RT-bridle. I only fly RT-bridle on std Nirvanas and the flic-flac is one of the 10 composed tricksfor tricksparty2007 that is performed most beautyful by the Nirvana std with RT-bridle.

do you use the normal upper spreader-positions or the replicapositions?

If you use the normal, try to fix it 1cm closer to the wingtip (34,5cm from the imaginary nose tip instead of 33,5cm)

I have both a Nirvana, where it is at 34,5 and one where it's fixed at 33,5. One has a roger-rt-bridle, the other has Richard-rt. And the one with the roger-bridle also had a richard-bridle some weaks ago.

No matter the bridle or upper spreader postion and even the upper spreader's length (I use 50, 49 and 48cm), it always flic-flaced like a dream.

I think the problem is your input, not your kite!

Hi Pepse,

I doubt that the problem is my input, with my std turbo bridle it flic flacs also beautiful. I noticed with the RT (Roger settings) the nose rises up too high in fade position (I always get a beautiful rising fade, its very hard not to let the fade rise).
    The input to go to flare position rises up the nose slightly further and thats the main problem I encouter.

Moving the towpoint more to the spine just slightly solves the problem. I get the feeling that the RT bridle has a very width setting of towpoints and therefore (just like Steph says) the bridle can simply not support the input to flare (maby just in my particular case, I have read great comments about the RT) because it misses preasure on the LE.

I uses the following settings:

inc 56
    int 64
    ext 52
    turbo t=5
    t=2 petit vent

(source Roy Reed)

Measurments taken from the framing.

Are these the same settings you use?

Greetings John
    - Editiert von JohnIJ am 30.04.2007, 20:07 -
    - Editiert von JohnIJ am 30.04.2007, 20:08 -

Jup, those measures are right. On my new Nirvana, the inc.-leg is 59, cause it won't pull with my familar length (56cm). But this might be bacuase I don't use p200/p300 in the new one's leadingedge, but shortend Gforce ul and shortend 101cm GF std.