Selbstbau (S)UL - welche empfehlt euch ?

Naturlich Ich weiss erst muss den Nazko fertig und vielleicht den Asmara, den Desire oder Ian's Thornback. Aber alle diese drachen brauchen etwas Wind und das gibt's um moment leider nicht (oder nicht genug). Ein schones intermezzo werde ein UL oder SUL zu bauen. Er muss aber unbedingt trickreich sein; ich habe videos von DutchKites' SubZero oder l
    'Atelier 00 gesehen und so etwas muss es konnen.
    Kent jemanden einem plan fur 'ne UL oder SUL. Ich habe ein plan vom KWAIN gefunden aber habe noch nicht viel erfahrung davon gelesen. Weisst jemanden ein guten plan oder hat erfahrung mit den KWAIN. Lass horen bitte.

Ist der Kwain nicht ziemlich klein?
    Bei den SULs finde ich persönlich die Minis nicht sooo toll. Sie sind bei wenig Wind zwar sehr trickreich, aber auch immer schnell sehr nervös.
    Ein lohnenswertes Projekt ist da bestimmt der Pseudo II. Das ist eine echter Schweber mit Wurzeln im Indoorbereich. Das ist allerdings ein reiner "Schönflieger", der z.B. mit einem 00 nicht viel gemein hat.

Hi Melis

I have built a KWAIN - it's not a small kite (LE = 130cm). Actually it's almost the same size as my 00. The two kites have nothing in common!!! The KWAIN is a floaty kind of kite (much like the Sweety), whereas the 00 is a mean trickmackine :H:

I have thought about building an Asmara framed in 3PT for a UL 8-) -But I'll have to build the std. first, and then the Vented Virus...

:) Morten

One of my two Nazkos is built with Dynamics 15 rods and about 25 grams lighter than the regular one. It stays in the air from 7 km/h onwards. It's quite a large kite with a nice amount of precision and very good trickability. I will definitely try one time and build an UL, possibly with PT3 troughout instead of PXX for better stiffness. The kite really needs a little weight tuning for proper behavior, so there will be a basic weight to it, but I imagine it can be kept in the air with slow walking speed. Very interesting project! If you want it a bit floatier you might rather try the Thornback. I will be able to fly one tomorow, thanks to Steven "crashman". See Thornback thread.
    And, on KitePlanBase, I found this one for the really floaty stuff, looks quite interesting to me, but you can definitely forget about wrap-up tricks:

http://www.vientocero.net/kpb/planos/indoor/indoor.html

Erik

"Kann ich bitte Deine Kekse haben?"

Zitat

Original von Morten_DK
    Hi Melis

I have built a KWAIN - it's not a small kite (LE = 130cm). Actually it's almost the same size as my 00. The two kites have nothing in common!!! The KWAIN is a floaty kind of kite (much like the Sweety), whereas the 00 is a mean trickmackine :H:

Hi Morten,

Could this "floaty feeling" also be influenced by another choice of spars. Having looked at the specs of the 00 and the SubZero they share a lot of the same sparring. Both have 4mm LE's, 6mm Structil Himod Spine and SuperSkinnies LS and a 4mm/5mm US. I thought about "injecting" this into the KWAIN. Could this help to get KWAIN more tricky ?
    I don't know how the 00 and KWAIN compare sailwise: are there big differences ?

Hi Melis

The 00 is more high aspect than the KWAIN, but the main difference is the stand offs (2 for 00 and 4 for KWAIN) - this gives a completely different profile. If you wan to give the KWAIN a go, I would definately recommend stiffer lower spreaders than 4mm exel (= too soft). You could consider making a light weight Tim with my modifications (5mm LEs, Structil lower spreaders and no outer stand offs among other things). It flies in very low wind and tricks really great - check out a video at: http://uk.drageportal.dk/kitebox/video/default.asp?KatID=27 - it's called "Morten at Dragoer Fort Ver. II"...

Zitat

Original von Morten_DK
    Hi Melis

The 00 is more high aspect than the KWAIN, but the main difference is the stand offs (2 for 00 and 4 for KWAIN) - this gives a completely different profile. If you wan to give the KWAIN a go, I would definately recommend stiffer lower spreaders than 4mm exel (= too soft).

That was my plan. I've got a couple of Skinnies from a Virus-experiment that wasn't working there. I was thinking to apply them as lower spreaders for the KWAIN. If I leave the outer standoffs off, what would I need to compensate on the inner-standoffs (how do the 00 and KWAIN compare on that aspect). Is there much aspect-difference between the KWAIN and the 00 ?

Zitat

You could consider making a light weight Tim with my modifications (5mm LEs, Structil lower spreaders and no outer stand offs among other things). It flies in very low wind and tricks really great - check out a video at: http://uk.drageportal.dk/kitebox/video/default.asp?KatID=27 - it's called "Morten at Dragoer Fort Ver. II"...

I've got a Tim already but after seeing your video I'm finally convinced that my first build will be retired and have to be replaced by a new version. But it's not a project for this year. A couple of nice starts (don't know the name for them) in your video: :H: :L
    <Offtopic>
    Did you already visit Italy ?
    </Offtopic>